08 mars 2005

All I want is a good night's sleep!

Well, truth be told, I want so much more than that. But sleep is my more immediate craving. See, it has been eluding me lately. I don't know if it's the stress of leaving my job and soon having to fend for myself, my ambitions, my dreams, and most of all my illusions, or if it's something else entirely, but the fact is, it has.
I've been having the worst nights in a long long time. I'm just waiting for the nightmares now - now that would definitely ice that cake.
I can never be tired enough to go to bed, and once I've finally put my feet in gear because I want to put them up, I can't put my book down (Le vicomte de Bragelonne at the moment, last part of Les Trois Mousquetaires - incredibly brilliant). When, at long last, my eyes feel like they'd require matches to keep them pried open, I turn off the light, and ba-boom, that's when the two little sods decide that after all, it's way too early. So I'm left to wait it out. Thinking. Tossing. Turning. For a wee while.
But that's not the end of it, oh no. I'll sleep for a couple hours, and wake up, kind of. So for a while it'll just be me thinking very very loudly "GO BACK TO SLEEP!" (which never helps, does it) until I just get up, get a drink of water, curse a little, OK a lot, under my breath (wouldn't want to wake the neighbours), go back to bed zombie-like, and wait some more. Then I don't know how that happens, but the radio goes off, and it's time to get up for good...
That puts me at around 5 hours of fitful sleep per night, and I heard that it wasn't good. Less than 6 and you're screwed. Mind you, more than 8 and you are too. Still, somehow I self-pityingly feel that those who do sleep over 8 hours are a little less screwed. Well, they do suffer if they're in the office when I'm there too. What goes around...

I found that while looking for sleep. Let me tell you flat out: it's crap. But it let me feel sorry for myself and that was goooood: I apparently suffer from sleep apnea, insomnia and narcolepsy. Narcolepsy? Because I fell asleep once at the movies (during Apt pupil, of all films)?
At least I don't snore.

Aucun commentaire: