27 février 2005

Oh dear oh dear oh dear

And that will be the end of this impromptu week-end trilogy.

Love! Valour! Compassion! is being performed in Paris. The city of love, sensuality and debauchery. Debauchery obviously being the operative word here.
Yet, it has apparently sparked sufficient controversy as to think that we're in the US of A, back at Superbowl time last year. Reports, news features, debates. The whole nine yards.
Well, not really, but it certainly is feeding this post.
Now I'm no howling hysteric (no I'm not), but I think it's pretty damn cool that the play would be acted in reality by 8 naked men (or so they're selling it anyway).
Let me explain. As far as I'm concerned, being a bit of a fag hag, I think it's fantastic that gays be represented in all their humour, fears, sickness, madness, neuroses. Life. Normality. (Such a cheesy construction and argument should have automatically self-destructed before this gets published - I'm taking chances in the name of bloggistic integrity.)
Also, being completely stuck up, I like the fact that nudity is being desacralised. I'm not even sure such a word exists, but break it down if it doesn't, I'm sure it's understandable.
And the thing is come ooooon, some of the actors are just plain gorgeous.
I'm going to check it out.
Of course we're talking about the text and the acting.
I'll keep you posted.

Aucun commentaire: