22 février 2005

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

Not.

Actually, I like snow. Especially since my windows overlook a pretty backyard with flowers (yes even in winter) and lots of greenery. Opening them this morning, I was childishly happy to see it all turned white.
It does make me a child again, you know, reminding me of Christmas and all. Needless to say I was very disapointed when I got to work and no pile of pressies was waiting for me underneath a brightly lit tree.
Anyway, every child has to come crashing down to earth at some point, and even before the aforementioned disillusion, I knew there was going to be no Christmas spirit in February.
Rather people've put a new spin to the Lent thing. They've given up their dignity and basic human qualities. Things that I hold dear.
The bus ride from home was a jaw-clenching affair - the bus driver
seemed definitely unused to driving around snow-covered pavements... One would have thought he was imagining joyously cavorting in the snow and just acting it out, not really minding the busload of people.
Then again, as is to be expected on a weekday morning, only ten times as obvious in bad weather, the busload of people was for the most part a very annoying set. There was the annoying elderly (who could not go out at any other time than rush hour, now, could they), the annoying teenager (oh the annoying teenager) thinking the world is his oyster - and the rest of us are worthless algae, the annoying I'm-in-a-hurry-get-out-of-my-way-or-I-will-trample-you-to-death-or-squash-
you-flat-against-the-wall-of-the-bus-and-I-won't-be-sorry-because-I-can't-I-
just-can't-wait-for-the-next-one" type person (I'm hesitating here, should we really include them in the people general category). The latter definitely being top, first, and foremost on my "to-kill" list.
And I will get them some day.

I am so looking forward to going back home tonight.

Aucun commentaire: