01 janvier 2006

Did you know that thawing snow made such an awful racket?

If you didn't, now you do. Take my word for it, it does.

Also... if you find yourself with five minutes' free time
today, between 5 p.m. and 9 p.m. Paris time - och, let me make it easier on you: it's some time between 6 a.m. today, Honolulu time, and 10 a.m. tomorrow, Kiritimati time* - think of me. I'm kind of totally shit-scared for this translation test that will decide whether I have some sort of a Canadian future.

* No one from the Christmas Islands reads this that I know of*** but I like to brag.
** No, there is no double-star sign anywhere in this, but I have to ask: will all of you people with a 30- or 45-minute time difference
please write to your respective governements and ask them why...?
***Yes, I like footnotes. No, that doesn't mean that people from Honolulu read this either. I'm just hedging my options. I really am scared.

Update, at 6:44 p.m., Paris time
Still waiting for the test to arrive in my mailbox and severely pissed off...

Aucun commentaire: