30 octobre 2005

Week-end stuff you'd never do on a normal weekday, and let that be a lesson to us all

Nothing, right? That's what I thought.
Okay, I'm hungover. Kind of more severely than I thought I would be. Plus the end of daylight saving has seen me awake at 7:30 this morning, after a very fitful and short night. Honestly, if I didn't know better, I'd think life was turning right back on me. But I do know better, and the fact that I'm slightly more severely hungover than anticipated doesn't in fact mean that I'm holding my head and moaning in pain,
whimpering that I want water, paracetamol and cold pizza. Well. I did have a craving for a Burger King bacon cheeseburger this morning, but first off, that is just not manageable in the morning, and second, we don't have Burger King in France anymore. And I can't face setting foot at McDonald's. One of my little quirks.

Man, even hungover, I'm brilliantly clever, cunning and coordinated. Which doesn't mean much, but I really wanted a third c-word.
Why clever, you ask? Because I have been tagged, by Terri, who should know better but is obviously just as much of a rebel as I am, and I'm supposed to tell you of my quirks. See? Clever, no?
Thing is, you know some of my idiosyncrasies, most of my neuroses, and a good deal about my madness. What kind of quirks could you possibly want to know now?
- I see signs all the time. Not dead people, though. But signs. Of course I make them fit my needs and requirements, which implies that the same "sign" can mean this today and its exact opposite tomorrow, but they're still signs. Like the fact that a ladybug has very recently chosen my ceiling as its permanent address is a very good sign (scroll down on that link to see just how good).
- I can ask zillions of questions on any given topic, be it apiculture, Buddhism, or the inner workings of the internal combustion engine, as long as you're ready to answer them. I love when people explain things to me. This is probably why I'm a translator.
- Similarly, I will be ready to try anything (apart from bungee jumping), as long as somebody is willing to show me.
- I actually like doing the washing-up.
- When I'm sitting with friends, my left leg/knee will usually be jigging on its own, and I cannot stop it. It never happens in a formal setting. When I was a teen, a friend told me that heavy metallers did that, make of that what you will.
- I think in English probably as much as I do in French, even though I lack the vocabulary. I wonder if that makes my thinking in English limited, or just more... conceptual.
- In the morning, before going to work, I have a cup of instant coffee. I don't actually enjoy the coffee itself, but I love the ritual. Don't ask.
- I really don't like weddings, and yet will cry at every. single. one I attend.
- The quirkiest quirk of all: I don't tag. Feel free to play, just let us know in the comment box.

Aucun commentaire: