13 octobre 2005

A dilemma

Note to my neighbours: listening to a panpipes instrumental version of Celine Dion's My heart will go on will never ever ever be OK around here. Ever. The fact that Celine Dion's voice cannot be heard is definitely a good thing, but don't think it makes it OK, it doesn't.
Plus it's panpipes. Plus it's Titanic. Plus plus plus...
Anyway. So 9:15 yesterday morning, someone in the building or its immediate vicinity had a craving for a panpipes version of My heart will go on and on and on and on. 9:15, people. I'm barely on my fifth cup of coffee, and definitely not ready for that kind of crap yet.
I stayed in and closed the windows. Should I have resorted to violence? I'm only asking because my first reaction would be to say I'm opposed to violence in that case: see, I think violence should be an end in and of itself, not a means to an. If I had used it then, sure I
probably would have felt great joy at trashing their sound system or whatever it is you call those big machines that make sound through little pinholes, but the violence cycle would have started as a way to eradicate the sound that was attacking my delicate ears, not because I had a sudden urge to use brute force and make my neighbour cry. So I don't know. What was I supposed to do? What? What?

Aucun commentaire: