16 mai 2005

I love to be a star

Suzanna Danna sprung five questions on me on Thursday, which I have endeavoured to answer in truthful fashion. Hmmm.

1) The most incredible sound you have ever heard. Where were you and how did it make you feel? Please describe it (make note to use the word "lusty").
I'm not sure if you mean the most incredible sound that made me feel lusty? (See there, use of lusty? Check.)
There are so many! It depends if it's an incredible sound in a nice way. If it is, my niece laughing, when she was a baby. She'd laugh in the abandoned, completely uncontrolled way that babies have, going up and down the scales in random fashion but always melodically, that you just need to hear to know that at that precise moment, they're blissfully happy.
If it's incredible in a scary or depressing way, a plane flying low. That scares me witless. The sound of it, growing in intensity as it grows in volume (not sure you get the nuance, there, but I do: volume's pretty straightforward, intensity in Anne-speak is how it goes through you, the feeling you have that you're hearing it through your brain or chest, or stomach), that all-filling, eardrum-shattering air-piercing and engine noise, that has me whimpering like a dog in a storm. Quite literally actually, as I could go so far as to hide under a table.
I guess the oddest thing though was once, when I was at my parents' house, watching TV on my own late at night. All of a sudden, a baby wailed. Right outside the door of the house, which is up a flight of stairs. My heart stopped. I mean that. I went to check, thinking shitohshitohshit I'm a mother and I didn't even know it. It was a bloody cat in heat.


2) Do you like beets?
God no. Well, I say god no, but if I have to eat them, I will. There is one recipe that my mum makes that I can bear. Beet and boiled potatoes salad, and sometimes she'll add cornichons. That's... edible.

3) On a scale from one to ten, rate your nostrils. And then tell why.
I don't like my nose, but I don't think it's horrible. So it would probably get a 5 or a 6. My nostrils would get 7, I think. They have the courtesy of being symmetric, they're both of the same size, not too big (you can't really see what's in them, which is nice
), not too small (I can breathe through them no problems, which is nice also). I'd like them to be a little bit more defined, more "aristocratic" if you will. As it were, they're a tad too proletarian. But hey, so am I, so I guess it's all fair. (I took a close-up picture of them to make sure both the rating and the description would be unbiased, how thorough am I?)

4) If you could have a movie written about you whether it be fantasy or reality would you play yourself or have somebody play you? What would the movie be called and if you hired an actor, who would it be?
That's a tough one. I always wanted to be an actress. One of those good ones who's not too well-known so I would enjoy my privacy while earning a living from my acting. I did a lot of stage acting and then I realised I would never earn a living from it. So would I grab the one chance that is offered me to act and show the world what I can do or would I decide against it in a show of modesty quite unlike me really? I don't know. I think I'd go for somebody else, just for the thrill of seeing someone be me. Although if they do get an Academy Award™ for their performance, they'd better have me on stage with them as I'll have a few people to thank too. The movie could be called "She dreams a little". And, in keeping with the title, Katharine or Audrey Hepburn would have been just fine. As they're not available due to irreconcilable agendas, I guess the casting director will have a little bit extra work.

5) What is your favorite vacation spot? And who would you like to take with you there... tomorrow?
I don't have a favourite vacation spot, can I change to ideal? I'll take that as a yes.
Tomorrow, my ideal vacation spot would be somewhere sunny where there's nothing to do except make love to the sun all day long. I need that badly, so badly in fact that I'm seriously contemplating the purchase of some self-tan lotion. Of course, tomorrow I'm also flying to Scotland for a week's holiday. Which goes to prove nothing really, but I just thought I'd clear that right out. My boyfriend would be a great complement. A boyfriend. Some guy I just met. Whatever. I'm obviously meeting girlfriends in Edinburgh. (That "she dreams a little" title? I think I have a point.)
My ideal vacation though, if there was time to plan it, would be - still with El Hombre - to revisit the places where I have lived. I would really love to go back to Algeria and Cameroon, to see what's become of some of the places and show him where it is I grew up. But I swear I'm not obsessed.

The Official Interview Game Rules:
1. If you want to participate, leave a comment below saying "interview me."
2. I will respond by asking you five questions - each person's will be different.
3. You will update your journal/blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

Aucun commentaire: