06 avril 2005

Isn't it bizarre

I followed Mysfit's advice over yonder at following my fish and took that BBC test designed to determine your sexual identity, i.e. it tells you how feminine or masculine you are. Well, I'm strangely more of a girl. Some people will be surprised.

That's not the strangest though.
There's this question where you're meant to put your hands together and interlock your fingers to see which thumb comes out on top. As I'm left-handed, it seems only natural that it should be the left one with me.
Here goes their analysis.
Right thumb on top: This suggests the left half of your brain is dominant. Many studies have tried to establish whether there is a relationship between handedness and brain dominance. Some scientists believe that if you are left brain dominant, you would be more verbal and analytical. The left side of your brain is said to be more adept at language, logic and linear thinking.
Left thumb on top: This suggests the right half of your brain is dominant. Some studies theorise that as a right brain dominant person, you may excel in visual, spatial and intuitive processes.
However, these theories are debatable and leave much to be said about the small percentage of people who are ambidextrous. Find out why right-brained people may be
better fighters and artists.
Now, the ONLY thing I'm any good at is language(s) (and cooking, but that's beside the point). And I'm anything but ambidextrous, penmanship-wise anyway.
Also, the last time I fought, I was something like 13, it was outside a classroom with another girl, and it was thankfully limited to a couple of frantic slaps and high-pitched yelps (no mud, sorry). And well, I've always wanted to act for a living and I'm certainly neurotic like a true artist (I'm aware this is a widespread misconception but it does help my case here), but that's hardly enough qualification. Last, I haven't got the start of a sense of orientation (even though I can read a map).

I'll give them one thing: I'm not logical, and I don't know what linear thinking is, but I suspect I ain't got that either.

Aucun commentaire: